Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thanks for the cover input. I'm going to tweak the cover on the right to give more info about the book...somehow.

I'm doubting myself, feeling general anxiety about this book. Usually that means I'm on to something good. Time to suck it up and wade through the mud. I'm so close to finished, I can smell it.

Part of the anxiety is having three teens. We just get one sorted and another gets sick, has school drama or a Crazy Stubborn Teen Day. Where the heck is the manual that was supposed to come with these things? Every other complex gadget I've ever received came with a thick text, and human babies arrive naked and screaming, without even a brochure. Gah!

John and I have stress. Sometimes we just look at each other and say, "What's wrong with me? Every move I make seems to be wrong." Then we assure each other that we never had kids before we were parents and talk to others who are going through the same thing.

Our conclusion? We aren't constantly trotting to the police station and principal office, so we must be doing something right. God willing, no one will live under a bridge. I kid you not, I actually worry about that sometimes. You know, if my kid won't turn in his homework, he'll end up homeless and alone.

Clearly, I need to take up a hobby. Does cooking for ravenous teens count? Oh, wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment