Sunday, December 6, 2015

Eyes

Having issues with my eyes. Eye doc said last year I was getting close to needing bifocals or progressives. After trying to work through intense burning and tearing, I finally threw in the towel and made an eye appointment. It's two months early for insurance to kick in, but since work is at a standstill until I fix this, had to be done.

Went to new eye doc at Walmart. Nice guy, said option was to have long distance vision plus reading glasses or progressives. He leaned toward reading glasses, but wrote the prescription so I could chose. 60 day "redo" clause if I changed my mind, so no worries either way, right? I got the reading glasses.

Bad move. I now have long distance to watch TV or close up to read. Computer work is out of range and too blurry to read. Frustrating, but Monday I'll call Walmart and tell them I need the progressives. Meanwhile, I'm cooking a lot. I have two projects close to done and not much I can do about it. Hopefully, I'll have new glasses by Friday.

Life goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your eyes. I have a similar one but can see the computer fine. Are you working on a book that would come after Bramble Burn. It was very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 3/4 done with Breaker's Ruin, which comes after Bramble Burn. Now that I have my glasses, I can actually finish it.

    ReplyDelete