Monday, September 29, 2014

Here's a link to a GF cinnamon swirl bread. I have to write all this stuff down for my own use, so eventually there'll be a cookbook...because that's what I do. Besides, I have this thing about my house burning down (insert disaster) and losing all my recipes because I wasn't bright enough to share.
So here's me, sharing.


Monday, September 29, 2014

Gluten free cinnamon swirl bread, no gums, no starch, best bread to date!

I wanted healthier bread that didn't have starch in it, and I figured the starch might be causing some of the dryness in my baked goods, because it did in test pancakes. People use it to lighten GF flours, but there are better ways.

Also, I hate gums and they hate me back. I use potato flakes and sweet rice flours as binders, and occasionally, pectin.

Best of all, all these things are easy to pick up in the local grocery store, and they don't cost an arm and a leg. Local and sustainable, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment