Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Ninja Me 2

Still using the mask, which is is a Godsend. The charcoal layer gets me through the bakery and pizza baking area of Walmart. Although I haven't tested it by the cleaning aisle yet, I passed the scented candles without incident.

The only down side is that it's too scratchy to sleep in, much to my dismay. After researching the matter, I determined that a three ply cotton mask is sufficient to keep out stuff bigger than one micron, which covers pollen, dust mites, dander, mold and a great deal of dust. Virus are another matter, but I'm not worried about swine flu; I just want to breathe.

I made my own 3 ply cotton mask, which is very breathable and lets me sleep without torment and wake refreshed. As soon as I take it off in the morning, I start coughing, so I know it works. The charcoal mask is still superior, but I bought surgical masks at Walmart today (superior filtering, but ugly) and will scavenge them to make more soft cotton masks.

Considering a Vogmask on Amazon, possibly pink so I don't look like a terrorist. I would come home from the store to see that terrorists have bombed Belguim...sigh.

Of course, now I'll have to write about a masked mage. Kicking around an idea for a metal mage in a junkyard. Much less anguishy than that the last one, promise. There might be a dark elf involved...

No comments:

Post a Comment