Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Ninja Me

My doctor has been asking me to wear a mask for years during pollen season, but I didn't realize how much it would help my asthma and allergic headache. As a result of pride and stubbornness, I suffered from spring bronchitis, severe asthma and the horrible foggy, drunk feeling that spring allergies bring. As a result, I was trapped indoors with air purifiers and felt unsafe driving, shopping, etc. It also cut into my work time, resulting in weeks of lost productivity.

This mask is life changing. I love it. I told my kids they could call me ninja mom, because it's not at all like a stupid looking paper invalid mask. Yes, it fogs my glasses a bit, but it's easy to ignore, plus the steam inside the mask is soothing to my lungs. Best of all, I don't wheeze when raking, I have energy, and the stupid pollen is defeated.

I love that it's washable and love the price. I'm ordering more.

Famixyal Top Quality 2 Pcs Fashion Three Ply Activated Carbon Cotton Warm Mask Anti Dust Mask Anti-fog Mask Earloop Face Mask Safety Respirator Particle Respirator Home and Surgical Face Masks Filter Antivirus Bacteria Fog Haze Protective Guaze Mask

Famixyal Top Quality 2 Pcs Fashion Three Ply Activated Carbon Cotton Warm Mask



I slept in the mask last night and will be wearing it unless I eat, shower or brush my teeth for the next few weeks. On the one hand, Walmart is going to be interesting, but I got so disoriented and dizzy after forgetting to hold my breath in the laundry department (chemical sensitivity) that my daughter had to drive home. She even treated me to a lecture for scaring her; it's a weird reversal when your teenagers start mothering you.

Stores are usually tricky, since the dairy/wheat allergy usually leaves me dizzy and breathless. I prefer to shop early, and of course that's when the bread and pizza is baking.

Trust me, you can't hold your breath through an entire shopping trip.

Antique stores are fun, but not if old musty stuff triggers asthma. I'm hoping that won't be a problem anymore.

The final thing, the big tamale, is church. Perfumes, an old, musty building, chemicals...I haven't been able to attend our church in years. It'll be odd testing the mask there, but there are a few other sick people wearing surgical masks for cancer, etc. I'm sure the ninja will blend in soon enough.

Might even start a fashion trend. We can be the "Ninja Church". We already have a Korean congregation that shares the building, so it's not that far fetched.

The important thing is, I don't have to be afraid anymore, and I don't have to miss out on work. My son requested one for when the pollen makes his eyes swell and my husband is going to use one when he cuts the grass, which he's quite allergic to.

Ninja family. Sounds like a book...or at least a cartoon.






 






















No comments:

Post a Comment