Wednesday, July 16, 2014

100 degrees and all is well

I told my kids they can only talk to me when I leave the computer, so my youngest ambushes me with the urgent question of how old our dog is. Then my daughter wants me to decide which clothes she's allowed to donate. Nobody is satisfied when I say I'll look into it later, but I'm in a creative daze and they'll have to deal with it.

My oldest is plugging away at Unity. It's a challenging game program and he doesn't do well with manuals, so I set him up with YouTube tutorials. It's working and he's happy.

My youngest had learned how to use clippers on our terrier mix and it saves us money, so that's cool. Kids are making chocolate sorbet mix, which we all love. It's going to be 100 again today, so I'm gulping iced tea. The Army Corp of Engineers did a study proving that coffee and caffeine aren't dehydrating, so ha! Seems to work for me.

We've arrived. We're in that sweet spot, the place where family is well and happy, summer is golden and butterflies and honeybees grace our garden. We have bills, but we can pay them. Things break, but we can replace or fix them. We laugh at dinner while sharing delicious garden veggies and admiring a vase of our roses. If I'm ever tempted to earn more or do more, I need to remember this time.

You can't buy a happy home, but you can grow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment