Thursday, July 24, 2014

Demolition

We pulled the carpet out of my office yesterday. After looking at the concrete, we decided it's better to continue the wood from the living area instead of paint it. Didn't tell John what I was up to, but he took it rather well. We'd been planning on it, but he didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Have finally harnessed the kids destructive potential; kept them motivated by saying it was a surprise for dad and making them feel like they were doing something vaguely naughty. Heh.

Had to move my bookshelves into the living room temporarily. Even though I've kept my collection pared down with the Nook, two shelves is a lot of books to move. I may have to see if I can donate some.

Crazy windstorm yesterday. Zero to sixty in a minute, clouds of dust, driving rain, hail, then it was over. Couldn't have lasted longer than 20 min, and John got home on his motorcycle just as it started.

Need to write today; there's a reason I didn't go into construction.

I've also redone the cover for Iron & Hemlock. It needed a redesign to tie it with Rowen & Gold, and this is an easy one to replicate. It's different from anything I've seen before, but fun. I really enjoy cover art.



No comments:

Post a Comment