Thursday, May 1, 2014

Gargoyle Girl Cover rough draft


I commissioned my daughter to do a cover for Gargoyle Girl. It's not finished, but I like where it's going. I was nervous about working on a project with her; she's ADHD and jumps between projects on a whim, plus has to accept some artistic criticism (I'm trying to be gentle). It's a bit dark, but we can fix that with texture on the house. I can't do what she does, but I have a few tricks I can show her. She's really coming along with Corel Draw.

Also, it means committing to a second or third cover so they match. Mind you, she's 15. Nevertheless, I think she's up to it. Besides, it beats scouring Shutterstock and composing covers when I'm busy.

I have a list to remind me of many things that go into publishing a book. This is separate from the household list that keeps us in food and laundry, btw. The kids really help with chores, thankfully, and John keeps the cars running and the house in repair.

Update website
Fix website tech issues for hours because: gremlins!
commission/make cover art
edits
update Facebook and blog
upload for preorder on Smashwords, Amazon, B&N
release latest book
balance the books, tally receipts, write checks
Write a blurb
Write the next book

No comments:

Post a Comment