Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Birthday, Thor, Twinkle Lights

My birthday is Friday, and John and I are going to see Thor. He's already snuck a new tree in the back yard for me that I discovered while taking the dogs out. I'm going to keep the small spruce trimmed to a cute Christmas tree and possibly get solar powered twinkle lights. Will landscape around it with granite and the dished rocks that construction churns up around here.

It's snowing big fat flakes, so pretty. Bit annoying for asthma, though. Chugging along on edits. Hopefully I'll be done tomorrow and ready for my beta.

What with mom visiting, I wasn't cooking as much (she kind of takes over, and then my fridge gets full of stuff my allergic self can't eat). Kids love it, though.

Anyway, I've been tired and draggy. Finally figured out the flour mix I developed is why I was bursting with energy before. Now that I'm cooking again, I anticipate my energy going back to the high I've been accustomed to. Hopefully my breathing will return to normal, too.

Meanwhile, my good buddy has moved back in the neighborhood, so that's a great holiday present. Looking forward to making over the holiday favorites like green bean casserole and sweet potatoes with bacon. I'll have to consult the cookbooks once I'm done with edits.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that the book is soon released. I feel like a kid before christmas. Would you mind give us the home made flour mix recipe? I try to avoid gluten as much as I can. But it's almost impossible.

    ReplyDelete