Monday, April 6, 2015

It's snowing on my blooming fruit trees! Thankfully it's melting as it hits the ground and it's not that cold. I've been spraying the frost off them before the sun hits the past few mornings and praying. I've got honeycrisp apples, pears, plum, cherry, kiwi, blueberries, a delicious nectarine and a dwarf peach, so I'm pray I get fruit this year.

The rhubarb I know will live; that stuff thrives even in Alaska.

Easter was nice. I enjoyed cooking. Walmart sells chocolate crosses and mazes, so we go the kids some; even teens like Easter gifts.

My husband is hot for Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, so we're "living like no one else so that later, we can live like no one else". Cracking his ribs and lacerating his spleen really made an impression on him, and he's determined to make sure I'm taken care of if something happens to him. I'm very proud of him.

Of course, now this means that the budget is king, and it's a change to see him with a calculator at the store, making sure we stay on budget. He religiously brown bags it now, and it's amazing to see how much he saves by not buying junk food.

Side note on the junk food: by switching from soda to pure fruit juice and cutting down on sugar, his high blood pressure is now normal and he has more energy. Nice, huh? He takes it in his thermos at work.

He's never been bad about it, but he's never put his mind to saving, either. There's a big difference.

God can do amazing things. Believe me, no amount of talking on part could ever have gotten him this excited about this. I reinforces my belief that people will change when they're good and ready and not a moment sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment